Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Books that have really helped me

These are all sensible, sane, well-written, kindly books, and I've got at least a few extremely important things from each of them. Some of the titles are scary - and some of them lay on my desk for a week or two before I could bear to pick them up - but I was incredibly glad when I did.

Getting What You Came For: The Smart Student's Guide to Earning an MA or a Ph.D. by Robert L. Peters

Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen

Advice To A Young Scientist by Peter Medawar

Professors As Writers by Robert Boice

Writing For Social Scientists by Howard S. Becker

Writing Your Dissertation in Fifteen Minutes a Day by Joan Bolker

A Ph.D. Is Not Enough: A Guide to Survival in Science by Peter J. Feibelman

No comments: